This episode of The Build A Photography Business Show featured:
- An interview with Kansas City photographer Samantha Ward
- Training: Should you outsource your photo editing?
Outsourcing your photo editing for real estate photographers:
In the video above I go into a lot more detail into this, but here's a quick overview of what I covered ...
The two main arguments against outsourcing:
- The cost.
- The issue of finding an editing company that consistently delivers the look you want.
The arguments for outsourcing:
- The cost to outsource should be lower than what it costs you to do it yourself.
- The time it gives back to you to work on other areas of your business.
- You want to be running a business, you don't want to have just another job.
How do you find a good real estate photo editor?
I'm going to recommend a 4-step process:
Step 1. Send a small selection of photos to as many photo editing companies as you can so you can see what they do.
Step 2. Review the photos they deliver.
Step 3. Settle on two of your preferred editors based on the small sample, and send each of them a full photo shoot to edit.
Step 4. Start working with one or two of the photo editing companies you prefer.